By Luke Seemann | Apr 09, 2008
XXX Racing-AthletiCo had a great day at Blackhawk Farms on Sunday as we enjoyed the inaugural Spring Super Criterium, put on by our friends at Burnham Racing.
We had notable performances in nearly every race of the day, including:
- Tamara Fraser, 2nd in the women's 4's and 4th in the women's open
- Randy Warren, 5th in the masters open
- Shane Winn, 9th in the 3/4's, 8th in the 1/2/3's
- John Tomlinson, 4th in the 3/4's
- Peter Strittmatter, 2nd in the 4/5's
- Calvin Smythe, 5th in the 4/5's
- Newt Cole, 7th in the 4/5's
As proud as we are of our individual results, our biggest coup was winning the World Bicycle Relief Team Challenge
, a contest that awarded points for primes and finishes. For this victory, Burnham Racing will donate $220 to World Bicycle Relief
in our name to support its efforts to use the bicycle as a tool for disaster assistance and poverty relief. We're thrilled, as WBR is an organization we're very happy to support.
We're also happy to have helped out with an new-rider clinic early in the morning. We thank the Illinois Cycling Association for organizing the clinic and giving us the opportunity to show new riders some of the skills they will need to ride safely.
Finally we thank and congratulate Burnham Racing for putting on such a fantastic event in its very first try. Thanks for a super kick-off to what we expect to be a super season.