March 18, 2020: Following guidance from USA Cycling, WHO, and CDC, xXx Racing will be cancelling all in-person team events until recommendations change. (Updated February 28, 2021)This includes:
- Saturday Team Rides - Held online via Zwift and RGT Cycling until further notice
- Team Meetings - Held online via Zoom conferencing until further notice
- Criterium Clinic - Cancelled for 2020; 2021 date TBD if possible
- Lincoln Park Criterium - Cancelled for 2020 and 2021
- Labagh Practice Crits - Cancelled for 2020; 2021 dates TBD if possible
While there is no substitute for group riding and racing, we hope that we, as a team, can rise to the occasion and create meaningful community connection in ways that don't require group gatherings. We can utilize virtual cycling and/or video conferencing to continue our training and friendships while we are practicing social distancing.
Teammates, if you would like to host a group Zwift ride/race, a Zoom conference yoga class, or anything else please reach out to us and/or continue to utilize the ride board to post details.
Love and Bicycles to you all,
March 2021 Online Team Meeting
REMINDER: This Monday, March 1st, 2021, we will be hosting our monthly team meeting online through Zoom video conferencing. First, at 6:30pm we will have some social time until the team meeting begins at 7pm. We will be joined by Rick Kang of our title sponsor, Athletico Physical Therapy, who will do a presentation and Q&A on dealing with issues related to working from home and e-learning and also about pre/post-ride techniques to address soreness and/or tightness during training.
Team Meeting forum link: https://xxxracing.org/forum/issues/thread/5373
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 608 926 7771
At 6:30 we will have some social time until the team meeting begins at 7pm. The meeting agenda is as follows:
- Ride Reports
- 2021 Team Sponsors Update
- Presentation and Q&A by our title sponsor, Athletico Physical Therapy, and their Endurance Team staff. The presentation will address how to address and prevent issues related to working from home and e-learning and also provide pre-ride/workout activation and post-ride/workout techniques to address soreness and/or tightness during training.
- Monday Strength and Conditioning Training. Info on our second 8-week session for March and April
- 2021 Membership Renewals
- Virtual Team Rides and Workouts - Thursday night team workout & Saturday Team Ride
- March Routes of the Month
- Program updates, Teammates of the Month
Details on in-person Team Meetings (currently held online only until further notice)
xXx Racing-Athletico meets once a month at Goose Island Brewing, 1800 N. Clybourn Ave. Usually this takes place at 7:00 p.m. on the first Monday of each month, but the date will occasionally change to accommodate holidays. Use our calendar to confirm the date.
Arrive early to order food and beverage in the meeting room. Goose Island is bringing in an additional server just for us! Please do not order from the main restaurant/bar. This will help our meetings start on time. We are also discouraged from bringing bikes inside.
Our management meets are at 7 p.m. the Monday before each team meeting (usually the last Monday of the month). All members interested in contributing or learning more about how the team is run are welcome to attend.
Updated February 28, 2021