LaBagh Practice Crits
March 18, 2020: Following guidance from USA Cycling, WHO, and CDC, xXx Racing will be cancelling all in-person team events until recommendations change.This includes:
- Saturday Team Rides (held online via Zwift until further notice)
- Team Meetings - Held online via Zoom conferencing until further notice
- Criterium Clinic - Sunday, April 5th (cancelled)
- Lincoln Park Criterium - Sunday, April 26th (cancelled)
- Labagh Practice Crits - LaBagh Practice Crits (cancelled for 2020)
While there is no substitute for group riding and racing, we hope that we, as a team, can rise to the occasion and create meaningful community connection in ways that don't require group gatherings. We can utilize virtual cycling and/or video conferencing to continue our training and friendships while we are practicing social distancing.
Teammates, if you would like to host a group Zwift ride/race, a Zoom conference yoga class, or anything else please reach out to us and/or continue to utilize the ride board to post details.
Love and Bicycles to you all,
The 2020 LaBagh Woods Practice Crit Series has been cancelled for 2020We have determined our organizing of group rides/events at this time presents an unacceptable risk of participants contracting COVID-19, and we are extending our suspension of all in-person team-organized activities (including the LaBagh Woods Practice Crits) through Labor Day, at which time we will reassess.
Practice Crits Are Scheduled to Return to LaBagh Woods for 2021!
xXx Racing-Athletico is planning for the return of its LaBagh Woods practice criterium series in 2021 as long as it is safe to do so. These races are intended to afford new and experienced racers alike an opportunity to develop or dust off pack riding/racing skills. We expect to start on the first Tuesday AFTER Half Acre's Skyway Classic series and running every Tuesday evening through at least mid-June.
Practice crits are an important tool to introducing riders to the thrill of bike racing, in a less competitive and safer environment. xXx Racing-Athletico is excited to again offer an opportunity for racers to come out and practice crit racing up to as many as three times in one night!
Practice Crit Details
2021 Dates TBD.
We expect to start on the first Tuesday AFTER Half Acre's Skyway Classic series and running every Tuesday evening through at least mid-June.
Race Entry Fees:
- Adults - Men and Women/Trans/Femme (WTF) racers: $15 covers all races
- Juniors - Men and WTF racers (racing age 18 and under): $5 covers all races
- We are covering the $10 cost of the USA Cycling One-Day license to try to remove any additional barriers to entry for new racers. You can get this one-day racing license on-site at the LaBagh Practice Crits. You must allow extra time to fill out the license application and make payment before your race.
- Race entry fees are for the entire evening regardless of the number events entered, not per event.
Nightly Schedule (April Start Time):
- 6:00 Open (25min)
- 6:30 WTF (25min)
- 7:00 Open (25 min)
Nightly Schedule (May and June Start Times):
- 6:30 Open (25min)
- 7:00 WTF (25min)
- 7:30 Open (25 min)
Event Description: Criterium Training Series
Course Description: Paved loop with sweeping turns in a park setting. The worst segments of pavement at LaBagh Woods were repaved in early 2020 leaving the entire course in much improved condition.
Start & Finish Line: LaBagh Woods Grove 2, Chicago, Illinois
Parking: Parking is available in the LaBagh Woods parking lot (immediately North of and attached to the LaBagh Woods course loop.)
Registration: On-site, event day only. Credit cards and cash accepted. No checks.
Event Flyer: To be announced
Events may be cancelled when necessary (e.g. for inclement weather). Follow xXx Racing on Twitter (@xxxracing) for race schedule updates.
Held under USA Cycling Permit (# is TBD). All racers must hold a valid annual or one-day license from USA Cycling.
Helmets are required for all races.
Updated August 1, 2020