October Team Meeting online via Zoom
REMINDER: This Monday, October 4th, we are hosting our October Team Meeting online via Zoom from 7pm-8pm.
Online via Zoom: 7pm-8pm (social "hour" beginning at 6:30pm)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 608 926 7771
At 6:30 we will have some social time until the team meeting begins at 7pm. The meeting agenda is as follows:
- REMINDER: Our Saturday Morning Team Ride now begins at 8AM until the end of April.
- Race & Reports - We'll do race/ride reports from the end of the crit season and the beginning of CX season.
- Program updates, Teammates of the Month: Junior Development Program (JDP), Women's Development Program (WDP), Men's Development Program (MDP), Donut Development Program (DDP), and Elite Team
- We'll do a review of of our Caldwell Woods CX race from this past Sunday.
- We'll cover upcoming events, including the remainder of the cyclocross season and USA Cycling's Cyclocross National Championships, which will be hosted in Chicagoland at Catigny Park in Wheaton.
COVID-19: Please also remember that COVID-19 is still a public health issue and should be treated as such. Teammates should not join, and will not be allowed to remain at, in-person team events if sick or symptomatic (with cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever of 100.4° F or above, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell, or other COVID symptoms). Sick or symptomatic team members are encouraged to seek a COVID-19 test at a state or local government testing center, healthcare center, or other testing locations, and follow guidelines for self-isolation. Do not attend any in-person team events within 14 days of a positive COVID test, any COVID-related symptoms, or exposure to someone known to be infected with COVID-19. The team will continue to monitor the situation and communicate updates to the team on a regular basis.
Note: As far as in-person team meetings go, we are still trying to navigate the tricky return to doing team meetings safely in person. This is no easy task given the continuing COVID-19 pandemic and the spread of the Delta variant. Additionally, a lot of places (including many that we've used previously) that used to be open on Mondays (like Goose Island on Clybourn, Big Bricks, and Old Grounds Social, where we had our last end-of-year holiday party/banquet in 2019) are currently not open on Mondays because they've cut back their operating hours (likely because of COVID). It is also difficult to find a place that can accommodate a large group (either outside or inside) that does not require that we commit to a sizeable spend on food and drinks and/or pay to rent the space. We were fortunate to be able to use the meeting space at Goose Island in the past for free with no requirements to spend a specific amount on food/drinks. We will continue to look for opportunities and locations where we can meet for team meetings and social gatherings in person in a safe manner.
Our management meets are at 7 p.m. the Monday before each team meeting (usually the last Monday of the month). All members interested in contributing or learning more about how the team is run are welcome to attend.
Updated September 27, 2021