The Svens Are Coming!
Prepare for your greatest cyclocross season ever by learning from two world Champions: Sven Nys and Sven Vanthourenhout. This September xXx Racing-Athletico is partnering with these two incredible coaches to provide a one-day cyclocross clinic benefitting the Pieter Ombregt Scholarship Fund.
- The Svens will teach you from their combined 40 years of cyclocross racing
- Structured curriculum to tackle all of the challenges faced in cyclocross
- Discussion of bike setup and maintenance
- Hands-on instruction across numerous varied terrain and techniques
- Max ratio of 1 coach per 30 riders
Sven Nys and Sven Vanthourenhout are two of the greatest names in cyclocross history and the current coaches of the Crelan AA drink Professional Tream. With a combined 5 World Championships, 11 World Championship medals, and 24 Belgian National Championship, the experience that the Svens bring to this cyclocross clinic is unlike any other available. The knowledge and techniques that these coaches will teach you can transform your racing for the season ahead. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn from the greatest that has previously only been available at the Sven Nys Cycling Center.
When: Sunday, September 11th, 4:30-7pm, Or Monday, Sept 12, 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm (riders may only attend one day)
Sunday: LaBagh Woods, Chicago, IL
Monday: Caldwell Woods, Chicago, IL
Who: All abilities, but several years of bicycling experience recommended
Cost: $125 Sunday, $250 Monday (Juniors contact xXx Racing management for reserved 50% off scholarships)
Caldwells Woods offers a wide range of terrain that’s perfect for skills practice. Grassy hills, flat fields, singletrack, and other features. Our meeting location in the park will be the shelter in the southern grove.
These camps are best for riders with some cyclocross racing experience. But don’t be intimidated, cyclocross beginners are welcome and you don’t need to be a speedster to enjoy this camp. We’ll divide into groups based on ability.
You must have a USA Cycling license.
What: Instruction will include…
- The dismount and remount sequence: how to be faster and smoother
- Portaging: carrying and shouldering the bike like a pro
- Bike handling, ride better and faster no matter the conditions
- Cornering, learning fast lines and proven techniques
- Off-cambers and other tricky terrain
- Barriers & run-ups
- Race starts and holding your position
- Equipment selection and set up, pro secrets
- Tires and tire pressure, the most important part of your bike
- Race day preparation, keys to being prepared
- Solutions to common mistakes (we all make ’em)
- Race craft: putting it all together
Scholarships: We are pleased to offer several scholarships to each event for athletes ages 14-19 (female & male). To apply, send an email to .
- Professional instruction from Sven Nys and Sven Vanthourenhout
- Lots of fun and laughs
- Cold hydration by Clif
- Participant schwag
- Copy of Pieter Ombregt's Photography Hardback Book
- Signed copy of clinic flyer
- Motivation for cross season!